Learn from fun, interactive workshops.
This weekend, two-day training summit features nearly 16 intense hours of practical help, research, and advice on how to improve your Student Government and how to become more effective and influential on your campus.
The conference is being held at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, 13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821.
2024 Conference Schedule
Community Service Project (on your own)
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Conference Registration & Buffet Breakfast
- Discovery Room Foyer (Conference Registration)
- Adventure/Discovery & Vista Rooms (Buffet Breakfast)
9:00 a.m. to 9:25 a.m. – Welcome
- Vicky Goodin, Ed.D., Emcee
9:25 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Break
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. – Training Block 1
- A 13 Steps to a Super Student Government – Butch Oxendine
- B NEW 101 Activities and Action Items for SG’s – Kat Klawes
- C Who Said There’s No “I” in Team? – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- D A Seat at the Table – Dessie Hall
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Networking Break
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Training Block 2
- E The 25 Worst Mistakes Your Student Government Can Make – Butch Oxendine
- F NEW Movement Making: Creating Mental Health Supports on Campuses – Kat Klawes
- G Jumanji! Leveling Up Your SGA Leadership – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- H Is Your Student Government a Joke? – Dessie Hall
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch
Adventure/Discovery & Vista Rooms
1:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – ASGA Halftime
1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. – Training Block 3
- I How to Make Students Care About Your SG: Create “Signature Programs” – Butch Oxendine
- J NEW Be a Positive Force for Change as a Visionary Leader – Dave Kelly
- K FOR ADVISORS Student Development and the Art of Advising (What Does Chickering Have to Do With It?) – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- L Retention Matters – Dessie Hall
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Networking Break
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Roundtables
- Senators, Representatives, Judicial Branch, and Committee Members – Adventure/Discovery Room
- Presidents, Vice Presidents, Secretaries & Treasurers – Vista Room
- BONUS WORKSHOP Learn How to Run for Public Office with Elect Her! – Allyson Carpenter and Jess Kelly, Running Start – Wonder Room
- Advisors – Magic Room
3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Networking Break
3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Training Block 4
- M How Your SG Can Connect With Students: Survey Them! – Butch Oxendine
- N NEW Extending Governments Across the Nation – Edson O’Neale
- O FOR ADVISORS Leadership Development: Developing the Leaders Within Your SG – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- P Teamwork Makes the Dream Work – Dessie Hall
4:45 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. – Break
4:50 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Raffle
5:00 p.m. to ? – Dinner, entertainment (on your own)
9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Continental Breakfast
Adventure/Discovery & Vista Rooms
9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. – Welcome
9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Networking Break
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Training Block 5
- Q How to Improve Your SG’s Web & Social Media Presence – Butch Oxendine
- R Making Your Campus & Student Government Inclusive – Kat Klawes
- S Do the Right Thing: Ethics and Your SGA – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- T NEW I Made It, I am in Student Government, Now What? – Edson O’Neale
11:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. – Networking Break
11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Training Block 6
- U What Can Your Student Government Really Accomplish? Choose Realistic Goals – Butch Oxendine
- V SG 101: Getting Student Feedback, How & Why – Kat Klawes
- W Mission SGA! – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- X Vulnerability: The Real Superhero of Student Government – Edson O’Neale
12:15 p.m. to 12:20 p.m. – Break
12:20 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. – Wrap-Up & Raffle
- “The Importance of Your Student Government” – Butch Oxendine, ASGA Founder & Executive Director
- Ultimate Connectors Raffle (return your evaluation form to enter)
Workshop Guide & Descriptions
- 2024 Workshop Guide & Descriptions coming soon
- 2023 Guide to Spring SG Summit Workshops
- 2023 Workshop Descriptions