Learn from fun, interactive workshops.
This weekend, two-day training summit features nearly 16 intense hours of practical help, research, and advice on how to improve your Student Government and how to become more effective and influential on your campus.
The conference is being held at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, 13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821.
2023 Conference Schedule
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Conference Registration & Continental Breakfast
- Discovery Room Foyer (Conference Registration)
- Discovery & Magic Rooms (Continental Breakfast)
9:00 a.m. to 9:25 a.m. – Welcome
- Christopher C. Irving, Ed.D., Emcee
9:25 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Break
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. – Training Block I
- A 13 Steps to a Super Student Government – Butch Oxendine
- B SGA Training With an “Attitude” – Christopher C. Irving, Ed.D.
- C Who Said There’s No “I” in Team? – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- D TBA – TBA
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Networking Break
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Training Block II
- E The 25 Worst Mistakes Your Student Government Can Make – Butch Oxendine
- F Leadership Reloaded: Skills For Effective SG Members – Christopher C. Irving, Ed.D.
- G NEW WORKSHOP Jumanji! Leveling Up Your SGA Leadership – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- H TBA – TBA
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch
Discovery & Magic Rooms
1:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – ASGA Halftime
1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. – Training Block III
- I How to Make Students Care About Your SG: Create “Signature Programs” – Butch Oxendine
- J Change Agents: Diversity Training for SG Leaders – Christopher C. Irving, Ed.D.
- K FOR ADVISORS Student Development and the Art of Advising (What Does Chickering Have to Do With It?) – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- L TBA – TBA
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Networking Break
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Roundtables
- Senators, Representatives, Judicial Branch, and Committee Members – Discovery Room
- Presidents & Vice Presidents – Magic Room
- Secretaries and Treasurers – Wonder Room
- Advisors – Adventure Room
3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Networking Break
3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Training Block IV
- M How Your SG Can Connect With Students: Survey Them! – Butch Oxendine
- N No More Drama: Conflict Resolution the “Right Way” – Christopher C. Irving, Ed.D.
- O FOR ADVISORS Leadership Development: Developing the Leaders Within Your SG – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- P TBA – TBA
4:45 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. – Break
4:50 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Raffle
5:00 p.m. to ? – Dinner, entertainment (on your own)
9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Continental Breakfast
Discovery & Magic Rooms
9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. – Welcome
9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Networking Break
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Training Block V
- Q How to Improve Your SG’s Web & Social Media Presence – Butch Oxendine
- R NEW WORKSHOP Making Your Campus & Student Government Inclusive – Kat Klawes
- S Do the Right Thing: Ethics and Your SGA – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- T NEW WORKSHOP Vulnerability: The Real Super Hero for Student Government – Edson O’Neale
11:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. – Networking Break
11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Training Block VI
- U What Can Your Student Government Really Accomplish? Choose Realistic Goals – Butch Oxendine
- V NEW WORKSHOP SG 101: Getting Student Feedback, How & Why – Kat Klawes
- W Mission SGA! – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- X NEW WORKSHOP Will the Real Student Government Please Stand Up – Edson O’Neale
12:15 p.m. to 12:20 p.m. – Break
12:20 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. – Wrap-Up & Raffle
- “The Importance of Your Student Government” – Butch Oxendine, ASGA Founder & Executive Director
- Ultimate Connectors Raffle (return your evaluation form to enter)